Out with the old, in with the new. I attempt to make some sort of vague New Year’s resolutions each year involving exercise and playing more bass, which usually get cast aside a few weeks into the new year. But that doesn’t stop me from making myself as Mary Poppins once opined “Pie Crust Promises” (Easily made, easily broken)
So….here we go.
- I am going to attempt at least a partial Dryuary, and try to drastically cut back on my overall alcohol intake. I’ve been feeling pretty crappy the last few months, and several friends have done the Dryuary bet and felt much better. Along with the alcohol, I am going to cut back on sugar as well. As my better half says, this should prove interesting.
- I am going to teach myself to make a decent pie crust. Despite being able to de-bone a chicken and tackle most of the Art of French cooking, this skill has alluded me for most of my adult life. My mom would console me by saying, she couldn’t make a decent crust; but she was flat out lying and just trying to make me feel good. Caveat folks, if a member of your clan makes great pies, get them to show you how before they go to the great kitchen in the sky. Its one of a million regrets I have now that my mom has passed.
- I am going to spoil myself with a monthly mani-pedi. My daughter has convinced me I need to take some self care time and we found a great place nearby that not only does a beautiful manicure, but also gives you a shoulder rub as well.
- I am going to try to be kinder and more patient with people I’m an INTJ, and German-American, which doesn’t lend it self naturally to the patience department.
- I am going to stop buying tickets to concerts and not going because I’m too stressed and tired. Enough.
- And yes, I’m going to play more bass and music in general this year than last. The amount of dust on my upright is depressing.
So I’ll check back in on this list occasionally (especially the first item, which should prove, if nothing else horribly comical at times). Until next time, Happy 2019 and a bit of the Kinks to end out this post.